We are thrilled to announce that CIRC (CCRM) will be awarding the first ever PIONEER grant for up to $1 million in 2022! This grant is generously supported by Takeda Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.
About Our Organization
CIRC was founded in 2017 through partnership with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada. CIRC is comprised of Canadian gastroenterologists with special interest in IBD. Over the past five years, the organization has grown to include over 60 Canadian gastroenterologist members who collaborate on multi-center IBD clinical research, with a particular focus on multi-center investigator-initiated trials, as well as generation of real-world evidence.
CIRC would like to express its deepest gratitude to Takeda for this grant, as well as to Alimentiv Inc. Research and Development team for their offer of support. Alimentiv is a preeminent contract research organization (CRO) with an in-house Research and Development team and deep expertise in conducting clinical trials in IBD. Should the grantee be conducting a clinical trial, there will be the opportunity for support in aspects of design and/ or execution from the Alimentiv R&D team (please note grant awardee is not compelled to work with Alimentiv Inc.).
Terms of Consideration for the PIONEER Grant and Letters of Intent (LOI)
CIRC would like to support Canadian gastroenterologists to conduct high quality, impactful research in IBD. For the first ever PIONEER grant, a prospective randomized controlled trial (RCT) will be given priority, but non-RCT designs will be considered. Other preferences include multi-site, multiple CIRC members involved, drug agnostic, focused on Crohn’s disease, and demonstration of equity, diversity, and inclusive elements. Investigators who have pilot data and partner support are encouraged to share those details.
Requests for up to $1 million in funding will be considered, which can be dispersed over a minimum of two and a maximum of five years.
Before submitting a Letter of Intent, please consider the following guidelines:
- Letters must be a maximum of 1 page with single line spacing, plus a separate page for the budget
- The Primary Investigator must be a registered member of the CIRC (as of March 28, 2022)
- LOIs must include the background, aim, outcome(s) of interest, clinical relevance and sites/investigators involved
The CIRC Scientific Committee will review LOIs and invite a short list of investigators to submit a full grant proposal.
- Letters of Intent Due – March 28th, 2022 at 4 pm EST
- Selected Primary Investigators will be invited to submit full grant proposals – Mid-May 2022
- Full Proposals Due – July 22nd, 2022 at 4 pm EST
- Announcement of grant selected for funding – Mid-September 2022
All Letters of Intent must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org